NBA and Kobe... errr... Anti-Kobe[s]

I was reading the Race2MVP when I realized, there never really were true LeBron fans, nor Cavaliers fans, nor Celtics except maybe for the people living in Cleveland and Boston. Many a people love LeBron James - not for his exceptional ability to dominate opponents, large and small - but for the same reason people love Kevin Garnett and the Celtics, their ability to provide a sense of "anything other than Kobe and the color purple and yellow".

The love for LeBron and Garnett sprang because people felt tired of hearing about Kobe Bryant all the time. It was more a mutual connection because of a common sense of hatred, which is actually amusing to say the least. They hate Kobe so much they talk about him all the time. Which reminds me of my high school days, mind you I was hated for some reason the same people who hated me could not even explain, they just hated me...... and talked about me all the time. But that's another story to tell...

Ball hog? Michael Jordan was one [stat-wise], so was Allen Iverson. But there never seems to be another player as hated as Kobe Bryant. According to 89% of the General Managers, there would be no other person they could trust the ball with when the game is on the line, now why the need to hate? And then it occurred to me, he is that guy to beat. Hands down, LeBron has better numbers than Kobe, but he cringes when his greatness is at stake. Until that changes, Kobe > LeBron > Garnett. Nobody else in the NBA plays with such tenacity and resilience. He is not afraid of failure. I bet he eats criticisms for breakfast, and that what makes him great, and ultimately, will make him immortal.

[Insert: Garnett only talks trash to pedestrians...]

For those who hate Kobe, I now understand you. Cheers to your non-Lakers team that you call your favorite. Too bad though, I know you dont savor the win as much as I do when the Lakers win. Champion or not, Lakers will always be a great team, and that greatness will always emanate from the person who you hate the most and yet the same person that is part of every NBA related conversation you have.

+5 cents

3 comments:

  1. Noooo! I do not believe what you said! My ears are (and eyes) are closed). Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. karl huhuhu wordpress does not allow payperpost or google adsense huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup... I just figured it out yesterday as I was starting a wordpress account. You're e-peen is using 32nm manufacturing process.

    ReplyDelete